- Requisition Number: 12691
- Department: DUKE RALEIGH HOSPITAL
- Location: Raleigh
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: Part Time
- Specialty: Ambulatory Care/Hospital Based Clinics
Duke Raleigh Hospital offers the latest in care and technology in a patient-friendly setting. It has been an important part of Duke Health since 1998 and has served Wake County for more than 35 years, employing more than 1,300 people.The hospital provides 186 inpatient beds and a comprehensive array of services, including the Duke Raleigh Cancer Center, Duke Raleigh Orthopedic and Spine Center, cardiovascular services, neurosciences including the Duke Raleigh Skull Base and Cerebrovascular Center, advanced digestive care, disease management and prevention, wound healing, outpatient imaging, intensive and progressive care, pain clinic, same-day surgery, emergency department and community outreach and education programs. In fiscal year2018, Duke Raleigh Hospital admitted 9,484 patients and had 230,957 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Raleigh Hospital as #14 in North Carolina and #6 in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2018-19.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Clinical Nurse II – Same Day Surgery – Duke Raleigh Hospital
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Clinical Nurse who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
The Same Day Surgery department at Duke Raleigh Hospital cares for our surgical patients; pre and post-operatively. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
Prior experience in surgical services or critical care is strongly preferred.
Work Shift: Part Time
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is preferred; at least one year previous work experience as a registered nurse is required for a CN2 role.
- Prior experience in surgical services or critical care is strongly preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
- All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Ambulatory Care/Hospital Based Clinics