- Requisition Number: 401548504
- Department: DUKE HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
- Specialty: Ambulatory Care/Hospital Based Clinics
Duke University Health System - Duke Sickle Cell Clinic seeks to hire a CNII Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: Days- Monday-Friday
Clinic: Duke South Clinic 2N
- Clinic 2N is a specialty clinic for Sickle Cell Disease and Hematology. Clinic 2N Sickle Cell Clinic serves patients primarily with sickle cell disease and some hematology patients with blood, bleeding and clotting disorders including anemia, platelet disorders, white blood cell disorders, hemophilia, thrombosis, Von Willebrand disease.
- Shift: 8 hour Day Shifts, No Holidays, No Weekends
- Candidacy: Ideal candidates are motivated, compassionate, team oriented, self-directed and display forward thinking. There are occasional late shifts required. Candidates must be BLS certified and have one year of med-surg. experience.
- Patient Population: Clinic 2N is a hospital based clinic. The patient population includes adolescents to geriatrics.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
- Good communication and customer service skills are required.
- Gynecology or women’s health experience.
- Typing skills.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
- All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
BLS (or higher) certification required.
Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required:
Click here for more information
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.