- Requisition Number: 2129
- Department: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
- Location: Raleigh
- Type of Position: Regular
- Specialty: Ambulatory Care/Hospital Based Clinics
The Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC)is the faculty physician practice for Duke Health. The PDC owns and operates more than 120 primary and specialty care clinics in 10 North Carolina counties.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
MOB8 Endocrinology- Raleigh
Provide clinical care while supporting staff and patients for the Division of endocrinology in a busy and fast-paced outpatient setting. Responsible for overseeing in a wide variety of duties in a Health System medical practice to ensure the office runs smoothly.
1. Perform intake of patients to include vital signs, visit information, and other clinical information as indicated.
2. Administers medication to patients as ordered by providers or by established protocols following the six rights of medication administration.
3. Patient Education
4. Draw blood for the lab
5. Perform Point of Care testing per established protocols including daily QC
6. Stock and maintain inventory of patient care supplies and linen
7. Clean and Stock Rooms
8. Float in practice to other specialties to cover patient and provider needs as delegated by Health Center Administrator, Nurse Manager, charge nurse or others as delegated by clinic leadership.
9. Triage office administrative duties backing up triage nurse including Epic Inbasket, setting up prescription, working with patients via phone.
10. Participates in performance improvement projects
11. Maintain clinical environment to meet JCAHO and OSHA regulations
12. Other duties as delegated by health center administrator, nurse manager, provider, charge nurse or other as delegated
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience with computerized charting systems, Epic Preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to self-direct
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to self-direct
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinical staff/providers
• Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
• Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program
• One year experience as an LPN strongly preferred
• Previous experience in Endocrine, Primary Care, Urgent Care or Emergency Department setting preferred
Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure required.
Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
Must travel between locations on needed basis.
Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Must be able to push/pull 20 lbs.
Must be able to carry 20 lbs.
Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Ambulatory Care/Hospital Based Clinics