- Requisition Number: 401435114
- Department: DUKE PRIMARY CARE
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
- Specialty: Certified Medical Assistant
Duke University Health System- Duke Primary Care - seeks to hire Medical Assistants, Certified who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
Duke Primary Care Pediatrics - Holly Springs, NC
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full-Time Day Shifts
CMA’s/RMAs perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in an Primary Care practice. They assist medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure office runs smoothly.
Administrative duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer telephones
- Greet patients
- Update and file patient medical records
- Fill out insurance forms
- Handle correspondence
- Schedule appointments
- Arrange for hospital admissions
- Arrange for laboratory services
- Handle billing and bookkeeping.
- Perform other administrative duties as directed.
- Assist medical and nursing staff in a variety of tasks including:
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examinations and procedures
- Assisting the physician during the examination and procedures
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Perform basic laboratory tests on the premises
- Dispose of contaminated supplies Sterilize medical instruments.
- Promote patient/family understanding of the educational content and his/her involvement in the plan of care, and document in patient record.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Authorize drug refills as directed Telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy.
- Draw blood
- Prepare patients for x-rays, tests and procedures.
- Take electrocardiograms Remove sutures/ staples.
- Change sterile and non-sterile dressings.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
Certification or Registration by AAMA or AMT is required.
Duke Health Highlights:
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in nearly 30 locations throughout the region.
Certified Medical Assistant, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, MA, AAMA, AMT