- Requisition Number: 401525775
- Department: DUKE HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: Third/Night
- Specialty: Critical Care
Clinical Nurse, Transfer Center – Duke University Hospital – Night Shift
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Duke Transfer Center at Duke University Hospital seeking a qualified nurse. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time. Ideal applicants would have excellent computer and phone skills and be able to communicate effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
Work Hours & Shifts:
7p – 7a (3 – 12 hour shifts) Preferred
Weekend Option or alternate schedule also available upon manager approval
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement
With thousands of requests handled per year, the Duke Health Transfer Center is the patient and provider link to world-renown patient and family centered care. With strengths of teamwork, inter-disciplinary communication and collaboration, the Transfer Center offers a dynamic environment for ongoing development of the experienced Registered Nurse. Our dedicated team provides 24/7 coverage to support the transfer needs of patients while networking with our internal and external customers.
The ideal Transfer Center team member would have experience in the critical or emergency care setting and an understanding of how to navigate complex medical systems with a focus on patient centered care. Engagement with providers from across the world requires an understanding of diverse patient populations which include medicine, general & specialty surgical services, neurology/neurosurgery, oncology, gynecology, urology, orthopedics and more for patients from birth through geriatrics. Current opportunities allow for flexible scheduling options to meet the needs of the department.
1. Systematic processing of patient acuity and expert level of clinical decision making.
2. Ability to sort through all patient information and formulate an accurate picture of the patient and his/her condition for the Duke MD's and nurses. Resource allocation
3. Collaborate with PRMO to ensure that the patient's insurance is accurate and viable. (Red Flag patients that need Medicaid or other assistance.)
4. Provide a team approach to Trauma care - Emergency Department M.D.'s, ER R.N.'s, Communications, Trauma surgeon, and Life-Flight team.
5. Coordinate with Bed Control and Communications for timely transfer and appropriate bed assignment.
6. Consultant for Duke and referring physicians, NP's, PA's and families and other departments.
7. Decision maker for primary referral sources and self payers in Duke's primary referral network.
8. Decision maker for transport/triage patients.
9. Provide call critical care triages to the ICU's.
10. Provide after hours Medical records request and retrieval.
11. Conduct insurance screenings after hours.
12. Enter patient data in IDS, Wellsoft, DHIS, and Transfer Center Lotus software for data collection and statistical analysis.
13. Provide on-line status reports through AOL with Bed Control, Transfer Center, and Communications.
14. Provide morning conference call reports with satellite Clinical Operations Directors and Senior Leadership.
If you are interested in joining this dynamic team, please apply. We would love to talk more with you and discover how you can help us provide exceptional patient & family centered care.