- Requisition Number: 401514781
- Department: DUKE HOMECARE AND HOSPICE
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
- Specialty: HomeCare & Hospice
Duke Hospice - LPN - Durham - Home Hospice
Duke HomeCare & Hospice is based in Durham, North Carolina, in an area known as the Research Triangle, which is ranked nationally as one of the best places to live. We are committed to providing exceptional care to patients centrally located in 9 counties of North Carolina: Alamance, Chatham, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Orange, Person, Vance and Wake.
Assume responsibilities for direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician in patient care area. Provides nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the LPN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
Provide and document direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician. Nursing care is guided by medical and nursing plan of care established policies and procedures. Patient response to care to be reported to a registered nurse for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
Job Relations: Manager, Clinical Services
Major Job Functions:
- Provides nursing care for patients in accordance with physician’s order and established policies and procedure
- Participates in weekly team meetings and case conferences, as necessary, to facilitate that appropriate services are provided to the patient.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/JCHO thru In-services and workshop attendance.
- Coordinates care plan activities with the multidisciplinary team members as directed by the RN case manager.
- Assess the severity of patient’s symptoms and communicates findings to supervising RN and communicates with MD as appropriate and directed by the RN.
- Documents care and services provided in accordance with DHCH policies and procedures and regulatory standards.
- Required documentation is timely, concise and complete.
- Follows standard precautions and uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Observes patient’s reactions to medications and reports any adverse reactions to the supervising nurse and physician.
- Communicates regularly with team members, caregivers and physicians.
- Identifies personal learning needs and implements corrective action.
- Implements agency policy, procedures and objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee and patient information.
- Exhibits an attitude which promotes harmony and goodwill in the workplace.
- Displays a clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Promotes quality, comprehensive services through a team approach.