- Requisition Number: 401547560
- Department: DUKE HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
- Specialty: Management/Leadership
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse as a Clinical Operations Director who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
This position will oversee clinical operations for Heart Services area, including;
covering the CTICU (Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit) , CICU (Coronary Intensive Care Unit) and RRT program along with Cardiac Cath Lab, EP Lab, Cardiovascular Short Stay Unit, CDU Hospital and CDU Southpoint.
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time, Day/Night
Duke Nursing Highlights:
· All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
· Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
· Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing
Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
· Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
· Relocation Assistance! Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Forgiveness!
Provide overall direction and leadership for assigned clinical areas on a 24 hour basis; ensure the effective administrative management of clinical functions related to personnel and policy in order to meet the mission of patient care, education and research within a fiscally responsible organization.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- 5 years of nursing experience with at least 2 of the years of nursing experience must be in a management role.
- Bachelor's degree and Master's degree required. One of the degrees must be in Nursing.
- Critical Care experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
· Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current
compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
· BLS (or higher) certification required.
· Professional specialty certification (preferred).