- Requisition Number: 401372045
- Department: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
1. Greet patients
2. Complete intake process(ex. vital signs, prepare patient for their visit, medication reconciliation)
3. Assist providers as needed within scope of practice (ex. assists with routine exams,procedures)
4. Perform basic laboratory tests on premises (ex. blood draws, POCT
5. Assist in the collection of specimens
6. Prepare exams for patient specific visit
7. Prepare and administer medications as directed by provider
8. Sterilize medical instruments.
9. Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by a provider or RN
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Effective communication skills
- Flexible# Proactive# Team player
- Work well in group setting# Organized
- Multi-task# Effective time management skills# Graduation from the following programs: Medical Assist Program or a program accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Schools or The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant Program. High School orGED graduation required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
No experience required.Note: One year of experience will be provided for an Associate Degree in Medical Assisting.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Certification by AAMA or AMT required
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.