- Requisition Number: 401350767
- Department: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
- Location: Other
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
- Specialty: Certified Medical Assistant
1. Taking medical histories and recording vital signs.
2. Preparing patients for examinations and procedures.
3. Preparing and administering medications as directed by physicians.
4.Authorize drug refills as directed.
5. Process requests for prior authorizations for medications.
6. Collect and prepare laboratory specimens.
7. Assist with EKGs, suture/staple removal, wound dressings and other procedures, as directed.
8. Update and file patient medical records.
9. Perform other related clinical functions as delegated and supervised by physicians.
10. Assist with other administrative duties such as, but not limited to, answering telephone calls, scheduling appointments, ordering medical supplies, and updating and maintaining clinic files on policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
List factors that identify the better candidates from a group of people who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Good customer service skills.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions generally acquired through a high school education and medical assistant programming.
- Heavy lifting and the ability to transport stretcher and wheelchair patients may be required.
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic health and safety precautions applicable for work in a clinic setting. Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Age specific competencies.
- Daily clinic preparation process; registration, scheduling, charge posting, order entry.
- Able to document and communicate pertinent information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff.
- Typing skills
- Medical terminology
- Levels II and III -- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred.High school or GED graduation required.
Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred.High school or GED graduation required
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Level I -- No experience required.
Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting.General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Level I -- Certification by AAMA or AMT required. BLS required.
Level II -- Certification by AAMA or AMT required. Certification by AAMA preferred. BLS required.
Level III -- Certification by AAMA or AMT required. Certification by AAMA preferred. BLS required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.