- Requisition Number: 401543595
- Department: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED - Duke Orthopaedics at Page Road
A nonexempt position responsible for performing a variety of duties depending on whether it is small clinic, large medical practice, multi-clinic, or a specialty office. They may be involved in both the clinical and administrative areas including assisting physicians with patient care and handling clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks.
1. Patient Care Responsibilities- rooming patients, collecting histories, charting, answering phone calls, completing forms
2. Clerical Duties- prepping clinics, obtaining test results, updating charts, verifying insurance, obtaining authorizations, coordinating referrals and appointments
3. Fulfills EOC Responsibilities- cleaning exam rooms, ordering and stocking supplies and restocking exam rooms, cleaning exam tables, maintain safe work environment by checking for expired supplies, medications, emptying sharps containers
4. Organizational Duties- promoting patient rights, responding to emergency codes, following HR, Compliance and Joint Commission policies
5. Responsibilities that vary according to state law, which include autoclaving, checking vital signs, suture removal, dressing changes, entering orders based on physician protocols, biohazard waste
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures
- Skill in performing medical assistant workflow tasks and skill at interpersonal interactions.
- Ability to learn, project a pleasant and professional image, to prioritize and complete delegated tasks and to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), medical assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution, or a community college course in medical assisting.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
- 1-year prior experience in a clinic setting preferred
- National certification for: RMA through AMT or CMA through AAMA
- Current CPR certification
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8-hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in-group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Keyword Search: Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Registered Medical Assistant