- Requisition Number: 401550214
- Department: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
- Location: Raleigh
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
Perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure office runs smoothly.
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit information, and other clinical information as indicated.
- Perform telephone message taking with patients, document encounter, follow protocols established by clinic leadership, and inform provider.
- Administer medications to patients as ordered by providers or by established protocols following the six rights of medication administration.
- Assists providers with procedures such as thoracentesis.
- Participates in performance improvement projects.
- Performs tasks such as pulmonary stress tests and six minute walks.
- Attain prior authorizations for medications and durable medical equipment as indicated.
- Float in clinic to cover patient and provider needs as delegated by nurse manager, health center administrator, charge nurse, or nurse team lead.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
List factors that identify the better candidates from a group of people who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Previous experience in ambulatory care setting.
- Previous experience with pulmonary or allergy patient care.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). High school or GED graduation required
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
One year experience as CMA/RMA strongly preferred.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Certification or registration required through AAMA or AMT.
Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
Must be present on site for 9 hour shifts during standard business hours.
Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs.
Must be able to carry 20 lbs.
Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.