- Requisition Number: 401376784
- Department: PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
- Specialty: Clinics/Ambulatory Services
Provide clinical care while supporting staff and patients for the Division of endocrinology in a busy and fast-paced outpatient setting. Responsible for overseeing in a wide variety of duties in a Health System medical practice to ensure the office runs smoothly.
1. Perform intake of patients to include vital signs, visit information, and other clinical information as indicated.
2. Administers medication to patients as ordered by providers or by established protocols following the six rights of medication administration.
3. Patient Education
4. Draw blood for the lab
5. Perform Point of Care testing per established protocols including daily QC
6. Stock and maintain inventory of patient care supplies and linen
7. Clean and Stock Rooms
8. Float in practice to other specialties to cover patient and provider needs as delegated by Health Center Administrator, Nurse Manager, charge nurse or others as delegated by clinic leadership.
9. Triage office administrative duties backing up triage nurse including Epic Inbasket, setting up prescription, working with patients via phone.
10. Participates in performance improvement projects
11. Maintain clinical environment to meet JCAHO and OSHA regulations
12. Other duties as delegated by health center administrator, nurse manager, provider, charge nurse or other as delegated
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with computerized charting systems, Epic Preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinical staff/providers
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Work requires graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
No experience required. One year experience as an LPN strongly preferred Previous experience in Endocrine, Primary Care, Urgent Care or Emergency Department setting preferred
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Current State of North Carolina LPN licensure required. BLS required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to push/pull 20 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 20 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.