- Requisition Number: 16086
- Department: DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: PRN
Duke Regional Hospital has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and Alamance counties and the surrounding communities for nearly 40 years. With more than 1,900 employees, its focus is on providing outstanding medical care with compassionate, personalized service in a comfortable community hospital setting. Duke Regional Hospital has 369 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and vascular services, and also offers care at the Duke Rehabilitation Institute and Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center. In fiscal year 2018, Duke Regional Hospital admitted 16,299 patients and had 165,953 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as #10 in North Carolina and #4 in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2018-19.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Nursing Care Assistant II – Duke University Health System
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Nursing Care Assistant II who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
* Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet®organization
* Professional advancement opportunities through our Clinical Ladder Program (Nursing Care Assistant, Surgical Tech, Certified Medical Assistant).
* Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
The Nursing Care Assistant II performs a variety of nonprofessional nursing duties in the direct care of patients under the direct supervision of a RN/LPN. Performs tasks within the scope of a nursing care assistant I and II as defined by the NC Board of Nursing. In addition to duties outlined in NCAI job description, the following duties may be performed: sterile dressing change for wounds over 48 hours old and wound irrigation; IV fluid assistance activities; oral/nasogastric feeding; urinary catheterization and irrigation; oxygen therapy, including room set-up and monitoring flow-rate; break up and removal of fecal impaction; oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal suctioning; tracheotomy care; ostomy care, irrigation and annual skills validation.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
*Previous work experience as a Nursing Care Assistant II is preferred.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
* Current Nurse Aide I Registry listing with the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services Division of Health Service Regulation.
*Current Nurse Aide II Registry listing with the N.C. Board of Nursing.
* BLS (or higher) certification required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.