- Requisition Number: 401346218
- Department: DUKE PRIMARY CARE
- Location: Durham
- Type of Position: Regular
- Shift: First/Day
Duke University Health System- Duke Primary Care - seeks to hire Nursing Program Manager for our Population Health Program who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: Day Shift
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Forgiveness!
As a Nurse Manager with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Nurse Manager will:
- Manage multi-specialty nursing services delivered within a specific clinic.
- Manage various personnel actions including, but not limited to hiring, orientation, performance appraisals, promotions and scheduling; and counsel and conduct formal discipline of clinical staff.
- Collaborate in the development, implementation and expansion of learning opportunities and skill development for all staff.
- Analyze, develop and maintain an effective and efficient nursing care delivery system that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum; achieving desired outcomes.
- Promote education for patients, patient families and the community; participate in direct patient care activities as a targeted strategy for role modeling or information gathering.
- Collaborate with nursing colleagues in ambulatory care to promote optimal utilization of nursing resources among the various clinics.
- Identify clinical operational needs; manage appropriate level of equipment and supplies and monitors equipment maintenance.
- Assess the environment and make recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies (OSHA, JCAHO, etc.).
- Collaborate with Health Center Administrator/Nurse Manager in determining the fiscal requirements of the specific clinic; submit budgetary recommendations, including necessary nursing personnel and patient care materials necessary for the provision of care.
- Cultivate exemplary customer service throughout the organization; promote effective communication skills to include, but not limited to problem solving, assertiveness, and support for team members, feedback, active listening and conflict resolution.
- Develop and implement processes to enhance clinic operations and practices for ongoing quality improvement.
- Develop, document, implement and monitor written policies and procedures reflective of the ambulatory health care site mission settlement and objectives.
- Manage specific clinic in absence of Health Care Administrator/Practice Manager; and be available on-call for emergencies involving the facility, staff members and patients.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work experience (3+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
- Ambulatory Management Experience strongly preferred
- BSN is required
Click here for more information
Duke Health Highlights:
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine providers, and pediatricians in nearly 30 locations throughout the region.